Gross Pollutant End of Pipe Trap ( Pratten Trap 2000) *The Pratten Trap 2000 is licenced under patent # 729111
Capturing stormwater pollutants at drainage outlets is an effective, affordable solution to preventing large gross pollutants, including litter and silt, from entering waterways and seas.
Stormwater Systems has designed a customisable gross pollutant trap that is fitted to the end of stormwater pipes and captures gross pollutants and other waste.
End-of-pipe traps also complement at-source and in-line/in-pipe pollutant traps by capturing pollutants that enter drainage networks during heavy storms (during high flow bypass). In this way, end-of-pipe traps ensure the maximum possible collection of waterborne pollution.
End-of-pipe traps were developed as a result of many years of experience with a wide range of traps and considerable in-field testing. They are detachable yet secure to allow for easy removal of pollutants and repair, if necessary, while minimising the risk of theft and vandalism.
This patented system (licence # 729111) provides a range of benefits:
- Versatility. Traps can also be fitted as half-pipe collectors and in open stormwater channels.
- Simple maintenance requirements mean affordable ownership cost.
- No flooding risk due to an effective overflow system and release mechanism.
- Low product and performance risk as the trap has no complicated moving parts, so very little can go wrong. (low long term maintenance)
- Flexibility to cater for a wide range of pipe sizes, from 200mm to 1800mm.
We can retrofit traps to suit most situations, from small outlets to large high-flow canals. There are several application examples displayed at right.
Stormwater Systems provides a complete service, from problem scoping to design and implementation through to ongoing cleaning and maintenance for optimal system performance.